Wednesday 23 November 2011

In search of a warm place.


I’m having a free time in my tuberculosis cycle. Few days before I and my friend went to see one apartment for his use. End of the November reminds me the cold dark weather which will surround us soon. Kursk is a small town city area becomes empty as soon as the sun goes down. Outside low temperature goes through the body till the bones. We were searching one apartment in this winter period. I began to think about the poor people those who don’t have a proper place to sleep. I thought the struggle of a person to have an own place. For some people it is a long dream. Finally we found one place for rent. My friend paid the price. I remembered the some poor people who were begging near by the road in the summer and autumn. How do they face to this winter? To a country with distinct seasonal changes a roof doesn’t give the meaning of a home. It should be a warm place. I remembered the Story of a little girl who couldn’t find a warm place in a winter. Name of the story is “little match girl”. Finally she dies in the cold winter. Winter pictures a beautiful picture in our mind. But the real winter picture is not only the snow flakes and white sheet like environment.  The next thing which I remembered was the warm feeling of a beloved family. The little match girl didn’t have a warm place and a family. In a snowing winter she found dead in a dark building corner. A hope about a warm place and a family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment